This diet is considered a type of intermittent fasting. It’s intentionally interspersing periods the 16:8 method (fasting for 16 hours and then eating over the remaining 8 hours). You can eat a healthy diet during your eating period and drink calorie-free beverages like water or unsweetened teas and coffee.
What are the benefits?
- Improved hormone profile: reduced insulin resistance = reduced risk of diabetes and heart disease; increase in human growth hormone (anti-aging, increased muscle mass)
- Increased use of fat as energy
- Increased weight loss, especially in those for whom losing weight is difficult
- Maintenance of skeletal muscle mass (increased metabolism)
- Decreased blood glucose levels
- Increased production of energy inside the cell
- Transitioning from sugar burner to fat burner
Who does it benefit?
Anyone who is interested in improving their health, especially those who are diabetic and treatment-resistant and those experiencing weight-loss resistance
See which program
works best for you